The GoHye Challenge Encourages Armenians to Share Cultural Pride on Social Media
WATERTOWN, Mass.—The Armenian National Committee of America Eastern Region (ANCA-ER) announced the launch of its new GoHye fundraising and social media challenge campaign on Nov. 3. The aim of the campaign is to ensure the sustainability and expansion of the range of the organization’s programs and activities throughout the region.
In 2016 alone, the ANCA Eastern Region has registered many successes, including:
- The expansion of its strong local ANC network into Minnesota, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Northern Ohio, and Central Florida;
- The halt of an anti-Armenian resolution in Kentucky State Senate;
- The passage of an Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabagh Republic/NKR) independence recognition resolution in the state of Georgia;
- West Virginia becoming the 44th state to officially affirm the Armenian Genocide;
- The protest and coordinated campaign against the genocide denial ads and billboards, which resulted in formal policy changes and apologies issued to our community;
- The commemoration of the atrocities committed against Armenians during Sumgait and Baku Pogroms;
- Dozens of meetings with elected officials in Washington, D.C. and in the districts to advocate for the issues our community cares most about—deeper U.S.-Armenia partnership; safety for the Syrian-Armenians; independence of Artsakh; truth and justice for the Armenian Genocide;
- And much more.
“These are challenging times everywhere. The Armenian Nation especially is faced with many challenges in the Diaspora as well as in the homeland,” said ANCA-ER Chairman Stephen Mesrobian. “ANCA-ER has been on the front-lines advocating on behalf of our nation in all corners of the Eastern United States. We are asking our friends and supporters to join our GoHye campaign for us to be able to go higher and achieve even more together.”
While there have already been many achievements, there is a lot more work ahead, and today—more than ever—there is a need for greater community involvement and engagement to rise up to the challenges facing the Armenian community. By joining the GoHye campaign and making a symbolic donation of $19.15 per month, community members can help ensure that the ANCA Eastern Region has the necessary resources to continue to get the job done.
Source: Armenian Weekly